Wednesday, May 25, 2005

TICK!!!



I can't wait to get out of this state! North Carolina is very beautiful but something about having to pull ticks off your cute little boy just doesn't seem worth it. Last week Josh had a tick on his leg that I noticed while giving him a bath. I pulled it out and it started crawling around. YUCK! It quickly got thrown into the porcelain bowl and flushed, never to return. Nathan picked one off him (Josh) before it had the chance to implant itself. Last spring I had to pick a tick off of Nathan and 2 or 3 off of Grr. And today we had to pick one off of Grr that had apparently escaped our attention for awhile because it wasn't exactly small. Once again- YUCK!!! It took several several attempts to get the sucker. We had almost gotten it out when Grr decided he had had enough and was not going to let us near him with the tweezers. So we gave him a little break. When we came back for another try, the tick was gone. Uh oh! That was just what we needed was a tick on the loose in the house. Nathan and I took one look at each other and dropped to the floor to start looking for the bludger! I found it on the carpet... about 6 inches from the butt jiggler (otherwise known as a baby bouncer)! I think if that thing had gotten on Nicholas (or Josh) I would have gone into hysterics. And needless to say, I have the heebie jeebie creepy crawlies so bad, I doubt I'll get any sleep tonight.
So now that tick season is once again here- the sooner we get out of this tick infested swamp the better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home